Highly Respected Courses
- We were awarded full marks (24/24) in the last national Teaching Quality Assessment.
- All our courses are fully accredited by the IET and InstMC.
- Industrial demand for our graduates is very strong...
- 100% of ACSE first degree graduates 2010/11 were in graduate level occupations or further study six months after completing their degree
- The average starting salary for 2010/11 ACSE graduates in graduate employment was £24,400 which compares favourably with the average.
Excellent Department in which to study
- We are the largest separate department dedicated to Systems and Control in the UK.
- We are unique in offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees with a Systems and Control theme.
- We provide our students with extensive facilities, which include a dedicated state of the art computer laboratory, two new undergraduate teaching laboratories, a flight simulator and access to project facilities in research groups.
- We have pedigree: for more than forty years our well established courses have been underpinned by a continuing excellence in research.
- Research Assessment Exercise facts...
- 25% of our work received the highest possible accolade of "world-leading"
- A further 40% was deemed "internationally excellent"
- 95% of our activity is recognised internationally
World Class University
- The University is rated 10th in the UK and 97th in the world in an annual academic ranking of the top 500 universities worldwide published in August 2011 by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- University guides confirm our position as one of the UK's leading universities.
- The University of Sheffield came 3rd in the 2012 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, which included approximately 14,000 undergraduates. Universities are rated on 21 different factors, from the quality of teaching to the social life on campus.
- The 2010 Virgin Guide to British Universities, for instance, says that "Sheffield is a top university across the board".
- We have nearly 25,000 students from 128 countries, and over 5,500 staff. The University of Sheffield is a popular choice with applicants for university places, and once they arrive our students enjoy the experience so much that many settle in Sheffield after they graduate.