Bursaries and Scholarships
In addition to a loan or any other financial support, some of you may also be eligible for a University bursary.
Our University bursaries web page explains what level of assistance you might be entitled to.
Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarships for International Students
We are offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence. If you achieve a minimum of A*AA (to include Maths and Physics), or the equivalent in another qualification, you will receive £1,000.
To be eligible you must:
• make us your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process
• be a self-funded, undergraduate student for tuition fee purposes
• be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes
We will offer £1,000 in the form of a tuition fee reduction at the start of your course should you be eligible. Once in receipt of this scholarship, a further £1,000 per year reduction is then available subject to you maintaining a 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
If you join us directly in year 2, in order to be eligible for the award when you join the course, you should have achieved a First class average at your previous university in year one.
When awarded in conjunction with the Engineering International Scholarship, a total fee reduction of nearly 20% per year is available, should you maintain eligibility for the two scholarships until the course finishes.
You will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded when you commence your studies.
If you require further information please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility | Qualifications
A*AA - Mathematics and Physics Note: A* must be for Mathematics or Physics
38 points overall, 7HL Mathematics or HL Physics
12 Secondary Certificate 85% overall, 85% in Mathematics and Physics
5* Compulsory Mathematics, 5, 5, 5, in Mathematics and Physics
Malaysia Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
10 points from Mathematics1, Mathematics 2 and Physics
Singapore Integrated Programmes
AAA H2 to include Mathematics and Physics
Terms and conditions
• You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry
• The awards will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* or there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount
• The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships, as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards
• The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only
• The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years
*Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional: Research council: Charity; Private enterprise; or similar organisation.
Disclaimer: All details were correct at time of publication and can be subject to change.