Well-qualified engineering graduates are in high demand and there are plenty of interesting career opportunities at managerial and at specialist technical levels. Salaries are on a par with traditionally well-paid sectors such as law and accountancy.
Typical choices have been:
- Aerospace industry – manufacturing, propulsion, design
- Computing, commerce, management and accountancy
- Commercial airlines – pilot training
- Transportation – aerospace, automotive and rail
- Advanced mechanical engineering and Formula 1
- Research, development and production
- The armed forces
Our courses are designed to equip you to work in industry and so we offer you the opportunity to gain practical work experience during your degree, and to work on projects in partnership with the industry. Our partners include Airbus UK, BAE Systems, Boeing, EADS, Qinetiq and Rolls-Royce and summer placements in Munich and Hamburg are offered each year.