Records - Aims and Objectives
- To contribute to the mission and aims of The University of Sheffield as set out in the corporate plan.
- To instil good practice in Records Management across The University of Sheffield.
- To ensure that records vital to the overall operation of all parts and levels of The University of Sheffield are identified and preserved.
- To ensure the most efficient use of time, money, people and accommodation.
- The creation of a corporate Records Management Service with supporting infrastructure.
- Dedicated records centre and archival accommodation.
- Mechanisms and procedures for ensuring physical and intellectual control of records.
- Implementation of best practice, procedures, and guidance for the management of records.
- Guidance on creating, maintaining, and disposing of records.
- Guidance on the management of electronic records.
- Policies for reviewing records and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.