Who is the EdD programme for?
The EdD offers research training and career development to a broad range of professionals in areas relating to education, whether in schools, higher education or elsewhere. Current students include:
- Early years, primary and secondary teachers
- FE lecturers
- Support staff i.e. special needs support assistants
- Managers of units or institutions
- HE lecturers
- Trainers in a range of professional organisations
- Medical educators
- Contract researchers in HEIs
- Administrators in national organisations focused on issues related to learning and teaching
- Adult educators
- Local Authority Inspectors and Advisers
Who is the EdD in Children, Schools and Families for?
This course is for practitioners, managers and policy makers from across education, health, social services and others too, for example, youth justice, employment, family support both in the UK and internationally. The focus will be on how professionals from across the children´s workforce can meet the needs of those young people who are most vulnerable or in need.