How Do I Make A Complaint ?
If you have a complaint or are concerned about the service you have received from the Doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they are raised and with the person concerned.
If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible. Ideally this should be within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. In this way it helps us to establish what happened more easily.
If this is not possible, please let us have details of your complaint either:
- Within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem, or,
- Within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.
It would be a great help if you can be as specific as possible about your complaint.
Who Should I Contact - The Practice Manager
Mr Jonathan Cummins
University Health Service
53 Gell Street
Or you may contact any of the Doctors.
What Will The Practice Do?
When we look at the complaint we aim to :
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
- Acknowledge your complaint within two working days and give a full response or meet with you to discuss the issue within 10 working days
Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Complaints Manager at the Sheffield Primary Care Trust in order to discuss your concerns.
How Do I Make A Complaint To Sheffield Primary Care Trust?
You can get help on making a complaint from the Independent Complaint and Advocacy Service c/o Sheffield Primary Care Trust.
We hope that, if you have a problem you will use our practice complaint procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong. It also gives us an opportunity to improve our practice.
But this does not affect your right to approach the Sheffield Primary Care Trust if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or if you are not happy with the result of our investigation.
If you wish to do this, please contact:
The Complaints Manager
The Complaints Manager
Sheffield Primary Care Trust
722 Prince of Wales Road
Tel : 0114 305 1093
Sheffield Primary Care Trust Web Site
What If I Am Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else?
We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Written confirmation from the person concerned will be required (unless they are incapable because of physical or mental illness) of providing this.