The University of Sheffield
University Health Service

How Do I Make A Complaint ?

Complaint symbolIf you have a complaint or are concerned about the service you have received from the Doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they are raised and with the person concerned.

If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible. Ideally this should be within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. In this way it helps us to establish what happened more easily.

If this is not possible, please let us have details of your complaint either:

It would be a great help if you can be as specific as possible about your complaint.

Who Should I Contact - The Practice Manager

Office PhotoMr Jonathan Cummins
University Health Service
Health Centre
53 Gell Street
S3 7QP
0114 2222100

Or you may contact any of the Doctors.

What Will The Practice Do?

When we look at the complaint we aim to :

How to make a complaint to NHS England

By post:
NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

By email:
With ‘For the attention of the complaints manager’ in the subject line

By telephone:
0300 311 22 33
(Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, excluding English Bank Holidays)

For more information please visit the NHS England website ‘Contact Us’ section at:

What If I Am Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else?

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Written confirmation from the person concerned will be required (unless they are incapable because of physical or mental illness) of providing this.