Dr Barbara Sen
BA (Bolton), MA (Manchester), PhD (Sheffield), MCLIP
I studied for my humanities degree (BA Hons) at Bolton Institute as a mature student majoring in English with a minor in Philosophy. My experience of Higher education was so positive that I continued studying at Manchester Metropolitan University where I completed my Masters in Information and Library Management. After six years as a Senior Lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University, I joined the staff of the Information School in 2007, where I also completed my PhD in Information Studies. My background prior to that was in the health sector having worked in various roles at the Health & Safety Executive, and latterly as Library Manager at The Royal Oldham Hospital. My areas of interest have for many years been focused on management, and I have experience in management roles in the public and private sector. My interest in management is reflected in my teaching and research.
- Director of Learning and Teaching for the Information School
- Chair of the Library Committee (Information School)
- Member of the Information School Strategy Group
- Module Coordinator:
- Archives and Records Management
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Leadership, strategy and change
- Management for Library and Information Services.