Mechanical Engineering with Biomechanics
UCAS code: H3H6
If you want the traditional mechanical engineering curriculum with an inclination towards the life sciences and non-conventional engineering problems, Mechanical Engineering with Biomechanics could be the course for you.
Students will learn mechanical engineering concepts and apply them to traditional engineering problems and see how the same principles can be applied to a more challenging and fascinating problem... the human body.
Reasons to apply:
- job opportunities in biomedical industries and healthcare sector, as well as more traditional engineering sectors
- first mechanical engineering with biomechanics programme in the UK to develop multidisciplinary skills to work effectively at the interface between engineering and medicine
- research-led teaching in a new frontier for mechanical engineering… and an area of intensive research and concentration of world-leading experts in Sheffield (INSIGNEO Institute for in silico Medicine)
- during their third year students will work in collaboration with an industrial partner on the solution of a real unmet industrial or clinical need
- students will be encouraged to interact with other disciplines during their final year project
AAA at A-level including Maths and a science subject (Physics or Chemistry)
Didn't choose a science subject at A-level? Don't worry, our new Physics Pathway pre-sessional course will get you up to speed with what you need to to study one of our courses.