Professor Clive Tadhunter
Professor of Astrophysics
- Room: E16
- Phone: +44 (0)114 22 24300
- Fax: +44 (0)114 22 23555
- Active galaxies, quasars and galaxy evolution
- Executive committee
- Chair, PPARC Panel for Allocation of Telescope Time (2001-03).
- First UK representative, ESO OPC (2001-03).
- Chair, B2 (Galaxies) TAG, ESO OPC (2002-03).
- Member, e-Merlin Legacy Oversight Panel (2007- ).
Recent key publications
- Spectroscopy of the near-nuclear regions of Cygnus A: estimating the mass of the supermassive black hole. MNRAS, 342, 861-875
- Starbursts and the triggering of the activity in nearby powerful radio galaxies. MNRAS, 356, 480-494
- The co-evolution of the obscured quasar PKS1549-79 and its host galaxy: evidence for a high accretion rate and warm gas outflow. MNRAS, 370, 1633-1650
- The heating mechanism for the warm/cool dust in powerful radio-loud active galactic nuclei. ApJ, 661, 13-16