MSc Advanced Emergency Care (Distance Learning)
School of Health and Related Research, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
We tackle some of the world’s greatest health challenges to improve the health and care of people across the globe.
About the course
Course description 2017
This course is aimed at emergency care professionals who want to develop their expertise.
You’ll learn new skills to help you manage a service and also how to teach others. We have an international reputation for research in the field of pre-hospital and emergency care.
- Management Theory and Practice
- Evidence-Based Emergency Medicine and Research
- An Introduction to UK Emergency Medicine
- Research Methods for Emergency Medicine
Examples of optional modules
- Observation and Ambulatory Medicine
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pre-Hospital Emergency, Event and Expedition Medicine
- Musculo-skeletal Emergency Medicine
- Sedation in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine Informatics
- Medicolegal and Forensic Emergency Medicine
- Systematically Reviewing the Research Literature
- Introduction to Statistics and Critical Appraisal
- Further Statistics for Health Science Researchers
Teaching and assessment
The course is a mixture of online learning, independent study and online clinical demonstrations. You’re assessed on coursework and project work.
2-4 years part-time by distance learning
At least two years' clinical experience of emergency medicine or related field (to the standard equivalent of a Year 3 speciality trainee of UK emergency medicine training).
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It is a quick and easy process.
If you'd like to know more about any aspect of our courses, contact us:
Teaching Support Unit
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.