A list of key publications can be found below. For a full list of publications please click here
- Smith P, Cowie H & Blades M (2015) Understanding Children's Development. Wiley.
- Blades M, Oates C, Blumberg F & Gunter B (2014) Advertising to Children New Directions, New Media. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Krähenbühl SJ, Blades M & Cherryman J (2015) A Qualitative Examination of “Ground Rules” Implementation Practice in Investigative Interviews with Children. Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, 22(6), 830-841. View this article in WRRO
- Farran EK, Purser HRM, Courbois Y, Ballé M, Sockeel P, Mellier D & Blades M (2015) Route knowledge and configural knowledge in typical and atypical development: A comparison of sparse and rich environments. Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 7(1). View this article in WRRO
- Purser HRM, Farran EK, Courbois Y, Lemahieu A, Sockeel P, Mellier D & Blades M (2015) The development of route learning in Down syndrome, Williams syndrome and typical development: investigations with virtual environments. Developmental Science, 18(4), 599-613. View this article in WRRO
- Lingwood J, Blades M, Farran EK, Courbois Y & Matthews D (2015) The development of wayfinding abilities in children: Learning routes with and without landmarks. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 41, 74-80. View this article in WRRO
- Kyriakidou M, Blades M & Carroll D (2014) Inconsistent findings for the eyes closed effect in children: the implications for interviewing child witnesses. FRONTIERS IN PSYCHOLOGY, 5. View this article in WRRO
- Waterman AH & Blades M (2013) The Effect of Delay and Individual Differences on Children's Tendency to Guess. DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY, 49(2), 215-226.
- Purser HRM, Farran EK, Courbois Y, Lemahieu A, Mellier D, Sockeel P & Blades M (2012) Short-term memory, executive control, and children's route learning. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology.
- Farran EK, Courbois Y, Van Herwegen J & Blades M (2012) How useful are landmarks when learning a route in a virtual environment? Evidence from typical development and Williams syndrome. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 111(4), 571-586.
- Farran EK, Courbois Y, Van Herwegen J & Blades M (2012) How useful are landmarks when learning a route in a virtual environment? Evidence from typical development and Williams syndrome. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology.
- Waterman AH & Blades M (2011) Helping Children Correctly Say "I Don't Know" to Unanswerable Questions. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY-APPLIED, 17(4), 396-405.
- Farran EK, Blades M, Boucher J & Tranter LJ (2010) How do individuals with Williams syndrome learn a route in a real-world environment?. DEVELOPMENTAL SCI, 13(3), 454-468.
- Bek J, Blades M, Siegal M & Varley R (2010) Language and spatial reorientation: evidence from severe aphasia.. J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn, 36(3), 646-658.
- Ali M, Blades M, Oates C & Blumberg F (2009) Young children's ability to recognize advertisements in web page designs.. Br J Dev Psychol, 27(Pt 1), 71-83.
- Cremeens J, Eiser C & Blades M (2007) Brief report: assessing the impact of rating scale type, types of items, and age on the measurement of school-age children's self-reported quality of life.. J Pediatr Psychol, 32(2), 132-138.
- Wilson R, Pascalis O & Blades M (2007) Familiar face recognition in children with autism; the differential use of inner and outer face parts.. J Autism Dev Disord, 37(2), 314-320.
- Beresford J & Blades M (2006) Children's identification of faces from lineups: the effects of lineup presentation and instructions on accuracy.. J Appl Psychol, 91(5), 1102-1113.
- Krähenbühl S & Blades M (2006) The effect of question repetition within interviews on young children's eyewitness recall.. J Exp Child Psychol, 94(1), 57-67.
- Blaut JM, Stea D, Spencer C & Blades M (2003) Mapping as a cultural and cognitive universal. ANN ASSOC AM GEOGR, 93(1), 165-185.
- Siegal M & Blades M (2003) Language and auditory processing in autism.. Trends Cogn Sci, 7(9), 378-380.
- Waterman AH, Blades M & Spencer C (2000) Do children try to answer nonsensical questions?. BRIT J DEV PSYCHOL, 18, 211-225.
- Farrant A, Boucher J & Blades M (1999) Metamemory in children with autism. CHILD DEV, 70(1), 107-131.
- Farrant A, Blades M & Boucher J (1998) Source monitoring by children with autism.. J Autism Dev Disord, 28(1), 43-50.