Health Economics and Decision Science
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 6390
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I trained at Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India and completed MBBS in 2003. I subsequently carried out my Basic Surgical Training at Wrexham Maelor Hospital, North Wales in 2007. During this period I obtained Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Surgical Practice (PGDip) at the University of Cardiff. I went on to do Clinical Research in Vascular Surgery at Manchester Royal Infirmary, until March 2010, when I started at ScHARR as a Clinical Lecturer in Vascular Surgery. During my time at Manchester Royal Infirmary, I completed a novel clinical research project estimating the perioperative sublingual and gut microcirculatory changes in patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm repair using Sidestream Dark Field (SDF) imaging technique. I obtained MD (Medicine) for this work from the University of Manchester.
I am currently working on estimating the long-term outcomes of the patients treated for carotid artery stenosis at the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS trust. In addition, I am working on estimating nationwide long-term outcomes and patients' survival after various vascular surgical procedures.
My research interests are systematic reviews and clinical research involving carotid artery disease, peripheral vascular disease and abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Long-term outcomes of carotid artery disease management at STH
- Long-term survival of patients undergoing vascular surgical procedures
- Paravastu S, Regi M, turner D, Gaines PA. A Contemporary review of Cystic Adventitial disease. Accepted for publication in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (14 July 2011).
- Paravastu SC, Ghosh J, Murray D, Farquharson FG, Serracino-Inglott F, Walker MG. A systematic review of open versus endovascular repair of inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysms. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2009 Sep;38(3):291-7. Epub 2009 Jun 21. Review. PMID 19541509.
- Paravastu SC, Mendonca D, Da Silva A. Beta blockers for peripheral arterial disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008 Oct 8;(4):CD005508.
- Paravastu S, Farquharson F, Serracino-Inglott F. Bifurcated abdominal aortic endograft deployment via the carotid artery. Ann Vasc Surg. 2010 May;24(4):552.e5-8. Epub 2010 Feb 9. PMID: 20144528.
- Paravastu S, Farquharson F, Serracino-Inglott F. Endovascular repair of Aorto-Bi-lliac aneurysm. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery 2010 Jan;44(1):50-1.