Dr Tessa Peasgood BA (Leicester), MSc (Oxford), PhD (Imperial College London)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0677
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
I joined HEDS in 2007.
My teaching interests lie in Economic Evaluation, Valuation of Health and Well-being, and Health Care Systems.
I am interested in supervising research students in topics/areas such as measuring and valuing well-being and understanding the determinants of well-being and happiness. I am particularly interested supervising studies in quantitative analysis of panel data.
I am Module Coordinator for the MPH Economic Evaluation and Health Care Finance:
My research interests are:
- Economics of well-being and happiness
- Investigating the determinants of subjective well-being
- Microeconomic evaluation of longitudinal data, particularly the BHPS
- Peasgood T, Brennan A, Mansell P, Elliott J, Basarir H & Kruger J (2016) The impact of diabetes-related complications on preference-based measures of health-related quality of life in adults with Type I diabetes. Medical Decision Making. View this article in WRRO
- Peasgood T & Brazier J (2015) Is Meta-Analysis for Utility Values Appropriate Given the Potential Impact Different Elicitation Methods Have on Values?. PharmacoEconomics, 33(11), 1101-1105. View this article in WRRO
- Dolan P, Lee H & Peasgood T (2012) Losing Sight of the Wood for the Trees. PharmacoEconomics, 30(11), 1035-1049.
- Peasgood T, Ward SE & Brazier J (2010) Health-state utility values in breast cancer.. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res, 10(5), 553-566.
- Dolan P, Peasgood T & White M (2008) Do we really know what makes us happy? A review of the economic literature on the factors associated with subjective well-being. J ECON PSYCHOL, 29(1), 94-122.
- Dolan P, Loomes G, Peasgood T & Tsuchiya A (2005) Estimating the intangible victim costs of violent crime. BRIT J CRIMINOL, 45(6), 958-976.
- Peasgood T, Bhardwaj A, Biggs K, Brazier JE, Coghill D, Cooper CL, Daley D, De Silva C, Harpin V, Hodgkins P, Nadkarni A, Setyawan J & Sonuga-Barke EJS () The impact of ADHD on the health and well-being of ADHD children and their siblings. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Dolan P & Peasgood T (2008) Measuring Well-Being for Public Policy: Preferences or Experiences?. JOURNAL OF LEGAL STUDIES, Vol. 37 (pp S5-S31)