University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Office: Ground floor open plan
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 6126
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
I joined HEDS in December 2013 as a Research Assistant. Prior to this I studied at the University of York, completing my MSc in Health Economics in 2013 and my BSc(Hons) in Economics in 2012. Since joining HEDs I have been involved in the modelling in different disease areas, including but not limited to Type 1 diabetes and cancer screening. I have also conducted work for ScHARR-TAG
I am currently involved in the following projects:
- Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism in Pregnancy (DiPEP) study.
- A systematic review of psychological interventions to improve the motivation for self-management in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- DAFNEplus: Developing and trialling the DAFNEplus (Dose for Adjustment for Normal Eating) intervention. A lifelong approach to promote effective self-management in adults with type 1 diabetes
I currently teach on the following modules:
- HAR 667: Cost-effectiveness Modelling for Health Technology Assessment
- HAR 672: Advanced Simulation Methods
- HAR 6240: Health Services Research Methods
- Heller S, White D, Lee E, Lawton J, Pollard D, Waugh N, Amiel S, Barnard K, Beckwith A, Brennan A, Campbell M, Cooper C, Dimairo M, Dixon S, Elliott J, Evans M, Green F, Hackney G, Hammond P, Hallowell N, Jaap A, Kennon B, Kirkham J, Lindsay R, Mansell P, Papaioannou D, Rankin D, Royle P, Smithson WH & Taylor C (2017) A cluster randomised trial, cost-effectiveness analysis and psychosocial evaluation of insulin pump therapy compared with multiple injections during flexible intensive insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes: the REPOSE Trial. Health Technology Assessment, 21(20), 1-278.
- Basarir H, Brennan A, Jacques RM, Pollard D, Stevens K, Freeman J, Wales J & Price K (2016) Cost-effectiveness of structured education in children with type-1 diabetes mellitus. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 32(4). View this article in WRRO
- Pandor A, Pollard D, Chico T, Henderson R & Stevenson M (2016) Rivaroxaban for Preventing Atherothrombotic Events in People with Acute Coronary Syndrome and Elevated Cardiac Biomarkers: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 34(5), 463-477. View this article in WRRO
- Kruger J, Pollard DJ, Basarir H, Thokala P, Cooke D, Clark M, Bond R, Heller S & Brennan A (2015) Incorporating Psychological Predictors of Treatment Response into Health Economic Simulation Models: A Case Study in Type 1 Diabetes. Medical Decision Making, 35(7), 872-887. View this article in WRRO