Africa in the Era of Sustainable Development Goals
The University of Sheffield All African Postgraduate Research Group (AAPoRG) and Africa@Sheffield invites submissions of papers and participation in its first postgraduate conference.
THEME: 'Africa in the Era of Sustainable Development Goals'
DATE: Thursday 22 June 2017
VENUE: Workrooms 3 and 4, 38 Mappin Street, University of Sheffield, S1 3JD.
- Professor Graham Harrison, University of Sheffield
- Dr Admos Chimhowu, University of Manchester
The expiration of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGS) ushered in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the current global development policy. Given the problems of the attainment of the MDGs in Africa, this one-day conference aims to provide a forum for postgraduate and early career researchers with special interest in African affairs, to showcase, discuss and share their current research on sustainable development in Africa. Submission of abstracts is invited from all disciplines that engage with the theoretical, policy and practical issues of attaining sustainable development in Africa. The abstracts should be based on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Governance, Public Policies and Institution
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Health and Sanitation
- Affordable Clean Water and Energy
- Informalities and Economic Growth
- Urban Development and Infrastructure
- Social Justice and Inequality
- Education and Empowerment
- Environment, Conservation and Resource Management
- Industry, Technology and Innovation
- Gender Equality and Development.
Abstract submissions and participation
Abstracts of no longer than 250 words, clearly marked with the heading ‘AAPoRG Conference’ should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 1 May 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by 5 May 2017.
Registration will open in late May 2017. Participation in this conference is free.