All terminal access and file transfer methods described below will work for on or off campus access.
Terminal Access via browser
This is the easiest and recommended way of accessing iceberg.
Alternative Terminal Access Methods
Terminal access to iceberg is also possible by using any terminal emulator software that uses the ssh protocol. All the methods described below will also work if you are working remotely. I.e you do not need a vpn connection. Here are a selection of terminal access methods from various platforms:
- Access from Linux/Unix workstations
- Access from Apple/MAC workstations
- Access from any Managed Windows workstation on campus
- Access from any Windows PC
Please note that telnet and similar non-secure methods of access to iceberg will not work.
Transferring files to/from iceberg is possible via any software that uses the sftp protocol
- File transfers from Unix/Linux platforms
- File transfers from Apple/MAC platforms
- File transfers from Managed Windows workstations in the university
- File transfers from any Windows PC
Please note that non-secure file transfer methods such as ftp from Linux and FTPexplorer from Windows will not work due to security restrictions imposed on iceberg.