Moving in to University Accommodation

Moving in

Find out everything you need to know about moving into University accommodation, from what to bring to how to get here.

Moving in


The pre-arrival accommodation E-induction is available for students who are moving in during September and February. The E-induction is accessed through MUSE, after you have accepted your accommodation contract.

Everything you need to know

The e-induction contains important information about your move to Sheffield, including where you'll need to go to collect your keys, the teams who are here to help you during your stay, health and safety advice and lots more.

How to access your e-induction

You will be emailed a link to your e-induction.

Key to your house

Getting here

getting here small

Click here if you’re travelling from the south and east

Click here if you’re travelling from the north

Click here if you’re travelling from the west and Manchester


Travelling to City accommodation

If you are travelling to City accommodation, please take a look at our University parking map to see where you can park.

Sheffield Tram

Safety and security

security sYour security and safety is a key priority for us and we have a wide range of measures in place to help ensure that you stay safe during your time with us. These include 24/7 security services, CCTV and regular patrols.

Although Sheffield is one of the safest cities in the UK, it is important that you take responsibility for your own personal safety, so click here for a few tips on staying safe in the city and to see contact details for various health services.

Key Collection

Key Collection    Accommodation Block

The Edge,  Customer Services Reception

Burbage, Crescent Flats, Curbar, Derwent, Endcliffe Avenue Houses, Endcliffe Crescent Houses, Endcliffe Vale Flats, Froggatt, Howden, Lawrencefield, Millstone, Red Lane Houses, Rivelin, Stanage, Yarncliffe. Birchen, Bishop's House, Cratcliffe, Crewe, Oakholme Road Houses,  Broad Lane Court, Mappin, St. George's, Studio 300.

The Ridge,  Customer Service Reception

Kinder, Laddow, Ramshaw, Ravenstones, Shore Court, Wimberry, Windgather.
Allen Court Reception Allen Court, Brightmore Building, St. George's Close, Sheffield S3 7HB.

Welcome flags

What to bring

bring s

Here are some suggestions for 
what to bring with you...

What you need to bring You may want to bring You should not bring

Bed linen
Cutlery, crockery, glasses, pans (self-catering)

Allen Court students, Windgather D4 at Ranmoor/Endcliffe plus Windgather C&D blocks at Ranmoor/Endcliffe - please note that induction pans are required for your hobs. 

Cleaning products
Coat hangers
Bin bags

Crockery & cutlery (self - catered)
Pins for notice board
Clothes airing rack
Laptop / PC
Passport (if considering working)
TV and TV Licence



Fairy lights    

Extension Leads

Fridges (mini drinks coolers only)


Immigration and visa information

Students with families

If you are an international student with dependants and you are applying for visas at the same time to enter the UK for the first time, you will not need to show proof of accommodation. However, if you wish to bring a dependant over to the UK later on, you are advised to provide evidence of suitable accommodation, such as a tenancy agreement.

Single students

If you are coming to the UK as a single student, immigration regulations do not require you to provide details of accommodation prior to a Visa being issued. If you are told that this is a requirement, please contact the Student Services Department immediately on:

Telephone: 0114 222 9679
Post: SSID, Firth Court, Sheffield, S10 2TN

Temporary accommodation

If you need a place to stay on a bed and breakfast basis, there are several options including Halifax Hall, the University's own hotel, and Jonas which are both located close to the Ranmoor/Endcliffe residences.

There is a wide variety of hotels, B&Bs and guest houses around the city. To see some of the places you can stay in Sheffield you can download our PDF list, which includes full details and prices*. Most people prefer to stay closer to the University, so we've listed them in location order, with the closest being listed first.

Download our Sheffield hotels and guest houses 

*Room prices correct at the time of publication.

Back to top