Accommodation Guarantor Scheme
If you are an International student you may be interested in our accommodation guarantor scheme - the University will act as a guarantor for rent payable under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy if you are an International student without a UK guarantor.
There are certain conditions that must be met for you to be considered:
• be a current full-time student (not in your first year)
• have no debts to the University of Sheffield
• have satisfactory academic standing
• the property you choose must be registered with propertywithUS
• be able to demonstrate that you have the finances in place to maintain your rent payments during the tenancy
• provide a satisfactory accommodation reference either from the University's Accommodation Services or the Landlord with whom you are currently renting from
To apply for the scheme, or to find out more information, click here.
The page also includes information regarding similar schemes if you do not qualify for the University accommodation guarantor scheme.
This is part of the Universities commitment to providing help and support to all our students, if you have any questions regarding the scheme please contact the Financial Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org