apply for uni accommodation now

University Accommodation is still available for 2018-19 if you wish to book a room please contact

For students looking to study in Sheffield and live in University accommodation for the 2019/20 academic year, applications will open in March 2019. Further information will be available from January 2019, including how to apply. 

Don’t forget to join our Facebook block groups for your accommodation -

Current students

All current students are welcome to live in University accommodation throughout their studies. If you are interested in returning to live with us in 2019-20, applications open on 14 November 2018 - please look out for more information. 


January 2019 entry and Semester 2 February 2019 entry applications will open for late October 2018 and you will be able to apply online. More details will follow.

Families & Couples

Many of our international students bring their families with them to Sheffield and we are here to make your experience of studying at the University of Sheffield with your family as easy and enjoyable as possible.

The University recognises that additional factors need to be taken into account in bringing your family to Sheffield.

There is a wide variety of accommodation for couples and families at The University of Sheffield. The Accommodation Office can provide information about our accommodation and also to help you settle into your new home as a family.

The University Accommodation Services office will give you every possible assistance to find suitable accommodation, but as demand for this type of accommodation is sometimes greater than the number of properties available, the University cannot guarantee that suitable housing will always be found.

View families and couples - accommodation - use the menu on the left to select different types of family and couples accommodation.

For more information, or to book families and couples accommodation, please contact the accommodation office via email on or by phone on 0114 222 4488 (option 2).