Safety and Security
There’s a dedicated team of Security who patrol the residences and monitor the extensive CCTV coverage to look after your safety and security. The Security team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They work closely with Residence Life Mentors to ensure the safety of your accommodation.
Top Tips for Staying Safe
- Don’t leave the front door on the latch. It means that anyone can access your accommodation.
- Lock doors and windows when not at home.
- Don’t allow anyone to follow you into your block unless you know them.
- Remember the green break glass button is only to be used in an emergency.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Use the safer routes when walking back from campus - these are patrolled by Security and are covered by CCTV.
- Don’t walk alone at night.
In an emergency (fire, police, ambulance): 0114 222 4444
For general advice and information: 0114 222 4085 @ email@example.com
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.