Equality and Diversity
We are very proud to have been awarded our Athena SWAN Bronze award for our commitment to equality and diversity within the department, and that the University of Sheffield as a whole has also been awarded Silver.
The Bronze award recognises the steps we've taken to create an inclusive environment for staff and students.
What we did – include a nice photo of the award / certificate?
The Athena SWAN award recognises our commitment to providing a positive culture for women working in engineering by addressing the gender imbalances that can prevent members of the department from reaching their full potential. Our application outlined the positive practices we have adopted and the areas of improvement which we are addressing through our action plan. In particular, the Athena SWAN judging panel praised:
- Personal commitment to the issues shown.
- Head of Department and Senior Staff sit on the Self-Assessment Team.
- A full review of recruitment processes takes place annually.
- Availability of mentoring and networking schemes.
- Majority of staff feel they received a helpful appraisal.
- CV review process.
- Role modelling through the Industrial Advisory Board.