Parking, Bicycles and Transport


You must have a permit to park a car on University car parks. To obtain a permit you must apply to the Reception for an application form which you must fill in and then hand back to the Reception. Parking in the vicinity of the Department is very difficult and you are encouraged to walk, cycle or use public transport.


Bicycles must be parked in the designated cycle parks and not chained to the railings on Portobello Street or Mappin Street. These cause particular danger for pedestrians since there is a centre for the blind on Mappin Street.

Travel Advice

For University-wide travel information please follow the link below: