Dr Mahdieh Sadabadi
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
Full contact details
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
Amy Johnson Building
Mahdieh Sadabadi is currently a Lecturer in the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering (ACSE), University of Sheffield. Prior to that, she was a Research Associate in the Computational and Biological Learning (CBL) Group at the Department of Engineering, the University of Cambridge and affiliated with Trinity College in Cambridge. She was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Division of Automatic Control at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Linkoping University in Sweden.
She received her Ph.D. in Control Systems from Automatic Control Laboratory (LA), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland in February 2016. She was a Visiting Scholar at the Electrical Engineering Department, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, QC, Canada, Methods and Algorithms for Control (MAC) group, LAAS-CNRS in Toulouse, France, and HHMI Janelia Research Campus in Ashburn, VA, USA.
- Research interests
General areas: Control theory with applications to power systems, microgrids, and power electronic converters
Specific areas: Plug-and-play control in microgrids, advanced control approaches for power electronic converters, stability of low-inertia power systems, low-order and static output feedback control of uncertain systems, fixed-structure control of interconnected systems
- A distributed control strategy for parallel DC-DC converters. IEEE Control Systems Letters, 5(4), 1231-1236.
- Designing Controller Parameters of an LPV System via Design Space Exploration. European Journal of Control.
- Optimal anticipatory control as a theory of motor preparation: A thalamo-cortical circuit model. Neuron.
- Robust decentralized voltage control for uncertain DC microgrids. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 125, 106468-106468.
- Robust Performance Satisfaction of DC Microgrids Using a Decentralized Optimal Voltage Control Strategy. IEEE Systems Journal, 1-10.
- Line-Independent Plug-and-Play Voltage Stabilization and L2 Gain Performance of DC Microgrids. IEEE Control Systems Letters, 1-6.
- Decentralized Voltage Stabilization and Robust Performance Satisfaction of Islanded Inverter-Interfaced Microgrids. IEEE Systems Journal, 1-12.
- Scalable Robust Voltage Control of DC Microgrids With Uncertain Constant Power Loads. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 35(1), 508-515.
- Robust estimator design for switched systems with unknown switching time: An LMI-based approach. European Journal of Control, 44, 58-64.
- Plug-and-play robust voltage control of DC microgrids. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 9(6), 6886-6896. View this article in WRRO
- A robust active damping control strategy for an LCL-based grid-connected DG unit. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 64(10), 8055-8065. View this article in WRRO
- Plug-and-play voltage stabilization in inverter-interfaced microgrids via a robust control strategy. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 25(3), 781-791. View this article in WRRO
- From static output feedback to structured robust static output feedback: A survey. Annual Reviews in Control, 42, 11-26.
- Fixed-order decentralized/distributed control of islanded inverter-interfaced microgrids. Control Engineering Practice, 45, 174-193.
- Two-dimensional ARMA model order determination. ISA Transactions, 48(3), 247-253.
- System identification of two-dimensional continuous-time systems using wavelets as modulating functions. ISA Transactions, 47(3), 256-266.
Conference proceedings papers
- Towards Plug-and-Play Converter-Interfaced DC Microgrids. 59th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) - December 2020.
- Decentralized Multivariable Vector Current Control of Grid-connected Voltage Source Inverters. IFAC World Congress. Berlin, Germany, 13 July 2020 - 17 July 2020.
- Scalable PI Voltage Stabilization in DC Microgrids. IFAC World Congress. Berlin, Germany, 13 July 2020 - 17 July 2020.
- Orthogonal Preparatory and Movement Subspaces in Monkeys, Mice, an Inhibition-stabilized Network. Computational and Systems Neuroscience (Cosyne)
- Flexible, Optimal Motor Control in a Thalamo-cortical Circuit Model. Computational and Systems Neuroscience (Cosyne)
- Sensor Placement in LTI Systems with Polytopic Uncertainty via Convex Optimization. 8th IFAC Symposium on Robust Control Design (ROCOND), Vol. 48(14)
- Fixed-order control of LTI systems subject to polytopic uncertainty via the concept of Strictly Positive Realness. 2015 American Control Conference (ACC), 1 July 2015 - 3 July 2015.
- Fixed-structure Sparse Control of Interconnected Systems with Polytopic Uncertainty. 19th IFAC World Congress, Vol. 47(3)
- Robust Performance Analysis of Affine Single Parameter-dependent Systems with Polynomially Parameter-dependent Lyapunov Matrices. 19th IFAC World Congress
- An LMI formulation of fixed-order H
∞and H 2controller design for discrete-time systems with polytopic uncertainty. 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 10 December 2013 - 13 December 2013.
- Fixed-order H
∞and H 2controller design for continuous-time polytopic systems: An LMI-based approach. 2013 European Control Conference (ECC), 17 July 2013 - 19 July 2013.
- Fixed-order Controller Design for State Space Polytopic Systems by Convex Optimization. 5th IFAC Symposium on System Structure and Control, Vol. 46(2)
- Identification of an Ill-Conditioned Distillation Column Process using Rotated Signals as Input. International Symposium on Advanced Control of Chemical Processes (ADCHEM), Vol. 2, 2009 - 2009.
- Identification of Synchronous Generator Using Nonlinear Feedback Model. 17th IFAC World Congress, 2008 - 2008.
- Parameter Estimation of Two- Dimensional Linear Differential Systems via Fourier Based Modulation Function. 17th IFAC World Congress
- Determination of the Two-Dimensional ARMA Model Order Using Rank Test Based Approach. 2007 IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Intelligent Control, 1 October 2007 - 3 October 2007.
- Determination of the Two-Dimensional ARMA Model Order Using Rank Test Based Approach. 2007 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, 1 October 2007 - 3 October 2007.
- Nonlinear Identification of Synchronous Generator Using Hammerstein Model with Piecewise Linear Static Maps. 2007 IEEE Lausanne Power Tech, 1 July 2007 - 5 July 2007.
- AR order determination of a 2-D ARMA model. 2007 European Control Conference (ECC), 2 July 2007 - 5 July 2007.
- DC-Link Voltage Stability- Based Control Strategy of a Grid-Connected Hybrid AC/DC Microgrid. IEEE Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference - October 2020.
- Economical Secondary Control of DC Microgrids. IEEE 11th International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems, Croatia
- Research group
I am currently looking for motivated PhD students. If you are interested in undertaking a PhD with me at the University of Sheffield please feel free to contact me. Read a project description.
- Teaching activities
ACS230 Control Systems Design and Analysis.