Industrial Advisory Board: Constitution
To usefully inform ACSE Learning and Teaching (L&T) strategy and operations, and to help enhance the employability of ACSE graduates.
Reports to: Departmental Executive Committee.
1. Industrial members with varying levels of seniority, from recent graduates to senior management. Representation from both blue chip employers and SMEs. Appointed by Head of Department for 5 years, with option of 5 year renewal.
2. ACSE representatives: Head of Department, Director of Learning and Teaching, Academic Lead for Industry Engagement, Secretary to the Industrial Advisory Board - other L&T staff as appropriate.
3. Chair to be rotated every 3 years between industrial members and appointed by the Head of Department.
Quorum: 7 industrial members, 3 members of academic staff.
Terms of Reference
1. Provide perspectives on current and future industry needs for graduate systems and control engineers.
2. Advise on ACSE L&T strategy and objectives.
3. Act as a critical friend for the ACSE curricula.
4. Act as ambassadors for ACSE, helping to raise the department’s profile and reputation within industry.
5. Provide sponsorship for ACSE student prizes.
6. Advise on, and contribute to, employability initiatives within the BEng, MEng and MSc curricula, and PhD doctoral development programme.
7. Contribute to assessment of MEng Level 3 group project presentations and demonstrations (held as part of May meeting).
8. Participate in ACSE Graduate Employers’ Workshop (held as part of October meeting).
Two meetings per year (October and May) hosted by ACSE.