10 November 2010
MRC/ESRC Funding for The Interdisciplinary Alcohol Research Programme
Congratulations to Dr Robin Purshouse for being part of the multidisciplinary team that has been awarded £1.1m by the MRC Addiction Research Strategy and Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) towards The Interdisciplinary Alcohol Research Programme (IARP).
The overarching aim for this ambitious programme of research is to lead a step-change in capabilities for robust scientific appraisal of new and existing alcohol policy interventions by substantially developing and updating the Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model also known as SAPM.
The IARP project is divided into five main work packages and brief summaries of these are provided below:
- New evidence to inform price and taxation policy appraisal and evaluation.
- Dynamic modelling to account for trends and lags with evidence and calibration
- Enabling appraisal of availability policies and policy mix
- The effect of policy context
- Policy analysis and validation
To find out more visit the IARP research page here