Ghai Siung Chong
Mr Ghai Siung Chong
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield
Sheffield S1 3JD
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 5234
Room: B22, Amy Johnson Building
- A member of the Space System Laboratory at the Department of Automatic Control and System Engineering (ACSE), University of Sheffield.
- Obtained BEng degree in Aerospace Engineering with First-class (Honours) from The University of Sheffield in 2014.
- A recipient of a Departmental Scholarship.
- A recipient of the Sir Harold West Award 2011/12 from the Faculty of Engineering, University of Sheffield.
- A recipient of the Royal Aeronautical Society Award 2013/4 from The Royal Aeronautical Society.
- A recipient of the Inclusion Officer of the year 2012/3 from the Sheffield Students' Union
- Is working towards a PhD under the supervision of Dr Simon Pope and Professor Michael Balikhin
Siung is currently working on "A systematic study of vortex like structure in the induced magnetosphere and ionosphere in Venus".
His research interests include nonlinear structures in space and planetary plasmas.
Other Activities & Positions of Responsibility
- Inclusion Officer for Volunteering Committee 2012/3
- Welfare Officer for Malaysian and Singaporean Society 2012/3
- Southeast Asia Representative for International Students Committee 2012/3
- Connection Coordinator for Volunteering Committee 2013/4
- Campaigns and Inclusion Officer for International Students Committee 2015/6
My hobbies are swimming, tennis, rafting, volleyball and travelling.