Mr Shiv Gangapersad
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield
Sheffield S1 3JD
Room: Sir Henry Stephenson Building, Room 316
I graduated from the University of Sheffield with an MEng in Control & Systems Engineering (First Class honours). I am currently conducting research on how to apply spatiotemporal modelling methods to the biological problem of air channel network function and optimisation.
I am aiming to use computational modelling to optimise photosynthesis , based on microCT data of the Arabidopsis leaf. This is an interdisciplinary project under the supervision of Professor Visakan Kadirkamanathan and Dr Bryn Jones in the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, and Professor A Fleming in the Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield.
- Modelling of natural systems
- Linear, nonlinear and spatiotemporal system identification
I have acted as a teaching assistant for the following modules:
- ACS1321 Introduction to Systems Analysis and Control
- ACS134 Digital and Embedded Systems
- ACS224 Systems Laboratory and Design
- ACS318 System Identification