Mr Carlo Viggiano-Puente
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield
Sheffield S1 3JD
Mr. Carlo Viggiano-Puente obtained his BSc in Electrical Engineering at Universidad del Valle in Cali, Colombia. He obtained a MSc in Power Engineering at Technische Universität München in Munich, Germany.
Since 2011, he has been working with company GERS as consulting engineer in topics related with Power Systems, Distribution Automation and Smart Grids. Since 2016, he has been involved in lecturing for different universities in Colombia with different topics such as Electrical Circuits, Power Systems and Smart Grids.
Mr Carlo Viggiano-Puente is conducting PhD research into 'Data-driven control, operation and planning of electrical distribution networks' under the supervision of Dr Paul Trodden and Dr George Konstantopoulos in the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, University of Sheffield.
My research interests are Power Systems, Electrical Protections, Smart Grid, Integration of Renewable Energy Resources and Distribution Automation.
- 2011-2015. Researcher and Electrical Engineer. GERS SA.
- 2016-2018. Technical Manager, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy Department. GERS SA.
Lecturer of the following subjects: Numerical methods for electrical engineers, Smart Grids and Electrical Circuits.
• J. Gers and C. Viggiano. Reliability and Flexibility Criteria to Locate Motor Operated Switches in Distribution Systems. IEEE ANDESCON 2018, Cali-Colombia. 2018.
• J. Gers, C. Viggiano and A. Perez. Consideration of Dynamic Performance of Wind Generators on the Protective Relaying Setting. Protection, Automation and Control World Conference. 2016.
• J. Gers and C. Viggiano. Protective Relay Setting Criteria Considering DERs And Distributed Automation. The 13th IET Conference International Conference on Developments in Power System Protection. 2016.
• J. Gers and C. Viggiano. Protective Relay Setting Considerations of DERs. Protection, Automation and Control World Conference. 2015.
• J. Gers, E. Caicedo, C. Viggiano, J. Naranjo, C. Cardenas, J. Tascón. A Methodology for structuring Smart Grid Projects (in Spanish). I Congreso Smart Grid – Madrid. 2012.
• J. Gers, E. Caicedo, C. Viggiano, J. Naranjo, C. Cardenas, J. Tascón. Adoption of a Smart Grid Maturity Model for the Electrical System’ (in Spanish). Revista CIDET No. 6. 2012.
• C. Viggiano. Optimizing the electrical grid (in Spanish). Revista Mundo Eléctrico No. 87. 2012.
Carlo enjoys playing football and listening to different types of music.