Dr. Jianglin Lan
Dr. Jianglin Lan, PhD, MSc, BEng.
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield
Sheffield, S1 3JD
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 5682
I received the BEng degree in Automation from South China Agricultural University in 2011, MEng degree in Control Theory and Control Engineering from South China University of Technology in 2014, and PhD degree in Control & Intelligent Systems Engineering from University of Hull in 2017. After that, I took the post as a research associate within the University Technology Centre (UTC) supported by Rolls-Royce, in the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at University of Sheffield.
In the current role, I lead the UTC work programme on “Multi-Disciplinary Modelling and Control”, which aims to identify and develop technologies that ensure Rolls-Royce retain their competitive edge by reducing development time and costs while also improving product performance and cost through-life.
My research interests lie broadly in control theory and optimization. More specifically:
- Fault estimation and fault-tolerant control for linear, nonlinear and complex dynamical systems.
- Optimal estimation and control.
- Multi-discipline dynamic system modelling and control for gas turbine engine.
I have been regular technical reviewers for various international journals and conferences on systems and control.
Reviewer Certificate: International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, 2017.
My Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=2V0HYoEAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
- Huang Z, Patton R J, & Lan J, (2016). Sliding mode state and fault estimation for decentralized systems. In Variable-Structure Approaches (pp. 243–281). Springer.
- Lan J & Patton R J, (2018). A decoupling approach to integrated fault-tolerant control for linear systems with non-differentiable faults. Automatica, 89, 290–299.
- Lan J, Patton R J, & Zhu X, (2018). Fault-tolerant wind turbine pitch control using adaptive sliding mode estimation. Renewable Energy, 116 (Part B), 219-231.
- Lan J & Patton R J, Zhu X, (2017). Integrated fault-tolerant control for a 3-DOF helicopter with actuator faults and saturation. IET Control Theory & Application, 11(14), 2232-2241.
- Lan J & Patton R J, (2017), Integrated fault estimation and fault-tolerant control for uncertain Lipschitz nonlinear systems, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 27(5): 761-780.
- Lan J & Patton R J, (2017). Integrated design of fault-tolerant control for nonlinear systems based on fault estimation and T-S fuzzy modelling, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 25 (5), 1141-1154.
- Lan J & Patton R J, (2016). A new strategy for integration of fault estimation within fault-tolerant control. Automatica, 69, 48–59.
- Sun W, Lan J, & Yeow J T, (2015). Constraint adaptive output regulation of output feedback systems with application to electrostatic torsional micromirror. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 25(4), 504-520.
- Lan J, Sun W, & Peng Y, (2014). Constrained robust adaptive stabilization for a class of lower triangular systems with unknown control direction. Kybernetika, 50(3), 450-469.