Mr Romain Guicherd
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield
Sheffield S1 3JD
Room: B20, Amy Johnson Building
After starting to study electronic and electrical engineering as well as information sciences at Supélec, a top ranking French school of engineering, I had the opportunity to perform a double degree in partnership with Cranfield University where I completed my MSc in aerospace vehicle design. I chose to be specialised in avionics design while studying at Cranfield so I could combine my background in electronic and electrical engineering with aerospace sciences.
Following my graduations from Supélec and Cranfield University, I decided to undertake a Ph.D. at the Rolls-Royce university technology centre of the University of Sheffield within the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering. My research aim is to develop a framework for distributed model-based gas turbine engine controllers. I work under the supervision of Professor Visakan Kadirkamanathan, Dr Paul A. Trodden and Dr Andrew R. Mills.
My research interests are distributed model predictive control and its applications in aerospace engineering, optimal control and robust control. The goal of my research is to provide a new engine controller design, more adapted to the future generation of gas turbine engines and based on a distributed architecture.
I have acted as an associate tutor for the following modules:
- ACS108 Programmable Logic Controllers 1
- ACS108 Programmable Logic Controllers 2
- ACS108 Laboratory and Professional Skills
- ACS123 Systems Engineering Mathematics
- ACS125 Systems Modelling and Simulation
- ACS131 Systems Engineering Mathematics
- ACS132 Modelling, Analysis and Control
- ACS133 Physical Systems
- ACS134 Digital & Embedded Systems
- ACS143 Data Acquisition
- ACS221 Frequency Domain Servo Lab
- ACS221 Control System Analysis Lab
- ACS221 Servo-System Compensator Design
- ACS224 Programmable Logic Controllers Manufacturing System
- ACS6101 Foundations of Control Systems
- EEE217 Avionics Systems
- MEC301 Time Domain Servo Lab
- MEC301 Frequency Domain Servo Lab
- R. Guicherd, P. A. Trodden, A. R. Mills & V. Kadirkamanathan. Weak interactions based system partitioning using integer linear programming. IFAC-PapersOnLine, Volume 50, Issue 1, 2017, Pages 3635-3641.