Take a tour
You get to use industry-grade equipment
Supported by expert lab technicians and helpful support staff, Sheffield prides itself on delivering a high-quality learning experience. Individual study spaces, group work and open-plan computer rooms are just some of the useful study facilities available outside of lectures.
An 81-million pound building at the heart of campus, The Diamond has modern lecture theatres, a variety of small-to-large study spaces, bookable IT equipment, computer rooms and project spaces. This visually striking and technologically impressive venue boasts 19 state-of-the-art laboratories to bring your studies to life - it's all about hands-on learning!
The student-run iForge makerspace is housed in The Diamond providing you with hands-on time to collaborate, create and 'make' outside of your academic studies. This stimulating creative workshop includes 3D printers, laser cutters, woodworking tools and an electronics station.
Aerospace Engineering labs
The Aerospace Engineering labs in The Diamond feature state-of-the art, industry-standard equipment which you'll get to use from the moment you join us in the first year and throughout your studies.
- Five Merlin static flight simulators for aircraft design
- Ten X-Plane flight simulators for flight control and navigation
- Twenty Wren jet engines to take apart and analyse
- GUNT ET796 jet engine test bench
- Price Induction jet engine simulator bench
- Rolls-Royce Gnome heritage jet engine / General Electric T58
- Four Armfield C15 bench-top, sub-sonic wind tunnels (these are based in the Fluids lab)