Frequently Asked Questions



Q: How do I apply for a CPD module in the School of Allied Health Professions, Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Sheffield?

A: Please see the 'How do I Apply' page for detailed information

Q: What do I do if I am not sure of the module I want to apply for?

A: Contact the School of Allied Health Professions, Nursing and Midwifery Admissions team for advice via  Please do not complete the online application form without selecting your preferred module option.

Q: Is there a deadline for applying for a course?

A: Normally yes, please ensure you apply and submit your fees and funding form at least 8 weeks before your course starts. However, you can apply later but you risk not being registered on time and not being able to attend classes or access learning resources.

Q: I have completed a fees and funding form.  Does this guarantee that funding has been secured?

A: No. Funding from Yorkshire and the Humber and East Midlands is subject to availability. You will be informed if no funding is available once your fees/funding form has been submitted. In this case, you can choose to either self-fund, or you can approach your employer to see if they will fund you.

If your employer has authorised you to be funded by the CPD funds which they hold, then they will need to complete the relevant section of the fees/funding form before they submit it to  

Q: If I'm attending a bespoke unit organised by my Trust, do I still need to apply and register?

A: Yes, if it's an accredited module (rather than an unaccredited study day).

Q: I applied online and I haven't heard anything and the start date is approaching. Who should I contact to find out about details such as where and when my course is running?

A: Contact the HSS admissions team via 

Change of circumstances

Q: What do I do if my personal details change i.e. name, address or email BEFORE I am registered at the University?

A: Email the changes to quoting your name and applicant number followed by the changed details. If you are changing your name due to marriage the Admissions Service will need to receive a copy of your marriage certificate. It's essential that we know your current email address as we will use email to send you information about your application or any changes relating to the course.

Q: What happens if I want to withdraw my application near the start date of the course?

A: You must contact the admissions team via 

Q: How will I hear about any changes to my application or course?

A: By email. It's very important that we know your current email address as we will use email to send you information about your application or any changes relating to the course.


Q: How do I get a Ucard?

A: You must upload a photograph as part of your pre-registration process which will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed on the course. If you have any difficulty with this process please email with your query.

Q: I've been a student at the University of Sheffield before; do I need a new Ucard?

A: If you are continuing your studies and keeping the same registration number and your Ucard is in date, you can keep the same card. If the Ucard expires before the end of your studies you will need to request a new one from the Admissions Team –

If you are applying for a new course and you receive a new registration number you will need to apply for a new Ucard as detailed above.


Q: How do I register online and why is this necessary?

A: If you are a continuing student, you can access the registration link via MUSE. At this point, if you are self-funding, you will be given the opportunity to pay your fees online. If you have any queries about accessing MUSE please contact the IT Services help desk (Tel: +44 114 222 1111).

Once you log into MUSE (using your University user name and password) go to the 'My record' tab then click on the link for Online Registration.

If you are a new student, or unable to register using MUSE, go to the IT Services webpages.

Enter your Applicant Number and Date of Birth. (If you are unsure of your applicant number, please contact the admissions team via You must complete each section on the form until it states that you are fully registered. If you have any problems please contact the Registrations Helpline on +44 114 222 1285.

It is essential that you register as a student with the University of Sheffield in order to:

  1. Comply with University of Sheffield regulations
  2. Receive credit for the course upon completion
  3. Access learning and communication resources (including library and email)

Fees and funding

Q: How can I fund my studies?

A: Your employer may be able to fund you via their own CPD funding, you can self-fund, have a sponsor pay your fees, or you may be able to apply for LBR funding (however LBR funding is limited to specific courses). Full details can be found on our funding page.

Q: What is CPD funding?

CPD funding is funding which is held with employers to support CPD activities of healthcare workers. Each organisation has their own process for allocating their CPD funding To find out if you are eligible to apply and be supported for your module using CPD funding, please contact your LBR lead. 

Q: What is Workforce Transformation Funding (previously known as SSPRD funding or LBR funding)?

A: Workforce Transformation Funding may be available to you if you work within the NHS in Yorkshire and the Humber or East Midlands. Please note that WT funding is limited Please look at the eligibility documents on the right-hand side of this page or contact your LBR Lead or HSS Admissions via if you have any queries. 

Q: I work in a Private, Independent or Voluntary Organisation - am I eligible for LBR funding?

A: If you work within the Yorkshire and Humber region, you are not eligible to receive LBR funding. However, can self-fund or have a sponsor pay your fees. Full details can be found on our funding page.

Q: Where can I get a fees and funding form?

A: The fees and funding forms for units and modules are automatically emailed to you on submission of an online application form. Please print and complete the form when received. 

Q: I'm paying my fees myself. Who do I contact to find out how much they are and what payment options are available?

A: Contact the HSS admissions team via 

A global reputation

Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.