Finding Work, Gaining Experience - can you help?
For many students at the University of Sheffield, the Student Jobshop is their first port of call when looking for a part-time job, and the Jobshop staff are constantly aiming to source new opportunities which will help our students to take their first steps into the world of work.
Whilst many students are happy to gain skills and experience in casual roles in hospitality, catering, clerical work many are also keen to gain work experience which will be beneficial for their future career. These roles are harder to find and we hope that you may be able to help!
Alumni already support our students through a whole range of activities and offering part-time work is valuable area of support, as well as providing an opportunity for students to make a contribution to businesses whilst gaining valuable experience for their life after graduation.
Students tell us that they find it particularly challenging to find paid part-time work in the following areas:
- Science related - Laboratory work including medical diagnostics, environmental testing, food safety; scientific research; science communication/sales; teaching; data analysis
- Health related - health promotion; public or occupational health; roles within the NHS; mental health
- Social Science related - market research; data analysis; campaigning; media and communications; local or national government; prisons; welfare; human rights; law
- Engineering related - manufacturing; electronics; renewable energy; medical technologies; aerospace; CAD
- Education related - working with children and young people; teaching; teaching assistant; community education;
- Arts & Humanities related - heritage management; museums/archives; writing; translation; media; journalism; PR; festival/arts administration; music performance/teaching
- Environment related - conservation; transport planning; ecology; horticulture; landscape; urban design; architecture
If you are working in any of the above areas and could offer opportunities for our students to join you on a part-time basis, or if you would like to discuss alternative options such as placements, internships, or graduate roles please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Please contact the Jobshop via 0114 2220940 or email: email@example.com
Click here for more Latest News