29 July 2003
Centenary medal returns to University
In 1905 a special medal was struck to commemorate the official opening of the University by Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. Miles Stevenson, Director of Development at the University, has recently acquired one such medal.
Alumnus Dr Melvyn Brooks (MB ChB 1969) alerted Miles to the medal's existence after spotting it on an online auction. Melvyn and his wife Roma (née Bharier, LDS 1967) have lived in Israel for the last 30 years. By contacting the University, he has helped to save an interesting piece of University memorabilia.