John Marshall Jenkins
He served as a lecturer from late 1949, starting off in Shearwood Road in the then Department of Architecture, Faculty of Arts, under Professor Stephen Welsh. Marshall Jenkins followed Professor John Needham into the Arts Tower before he himself was appointed Head of the Leeds School of Architecture in the late seventies. He became later Deputy Director of Leeds Polytechnic before his retirement to Brightlingsea in Essex where he was the proud owner of an Atalanta plywood sailing boat. He died this Christmas at the age of 88 years.