University of Sheffield Enterprise (USE)
The University of Sheffield Enterprise (USE) brings people together to make ideas happen. Creating opportunities for you to develop your ideas whether it’s selling T-shirts to raise money for a society, organising a gig or setting up a business - they are here to help mentor and support you.
As a graduate you are entitled to access to USE and the free services they offer up to 5 years after graduating.
For more details about University of Sheffield Enterprise (USE) please visit the USE website.
The package includes:
- Funding. £1000 of funding to support business start-ups for recent graduates
- Skill Build. A programme of workshops that alumni are welcome to attend. September to December focuses on enterprise and topics include time management and communication skills. Between February and April, we focus on entrepreneurship. Topics in this series include business planning and Tax and Intellectual Property.
- Business Planning Competition. Win a substantial cash prize in the annual business planning competition.
- Business Coaching. Free business coaching through the "Solutions for Business" team at Sheffield City Council
- Specialist Business Advice. FREE business advice in the following areas:- Marketing, Accountancy, Intellectual Property and International Business
- Networking Opportunities
- FREE Business Incubation including use of the Idea Space and the use of USE as a postal and/or a business address