Professor Jonathan Leake - Publications
- Field KJ, Rimington WR, Bidartondo MI, Allinson KE, Beerling DJ, Cameron DD, Duckett JG, Leake JR & Pressel S (2016) Functional analysis of liverworts in dual symbiosis with Glomeromycota and Mucoromycotina fungi under a simulated Palaeozoic CO2 decline. The ISME Journal, 10(6), 1514-1526. View this article in WRRO
- Field KJ, Leake JR, Tille S, Allinson KE, Rimington WR, Bidartondo MI, Beerling DJ & Cameron DD (2015) From mycoheterotrophy to mutualism: mycorrhizal specificity and functioning in Ophioglossum vulgatum sporophytes. New Phytologist, 205(4), 1492-1502. View this article in WRRO
- Field KJ, Rimington WR, Bidartondo MI, Allinson KE, Beerling DJ, Cameron DD, Duckett JG, Leake JR & Pressel S (2015) First evidence of mutualism between ancient plant lineages (Haplomitriopsida liverworts) and Mucoromycotina fungi and its response to simulated Palaeozoic changes in atmospheric CO2. New Phytologist, 205(2), 743-756. View this article in WRRO
- Edmondson JL, Leake JR, Davies ZG & Gaston KJ (2014) Urban cultivation in allotments maintains soil qualities adversely affected by conventional agriculture. Journal of Applied Ecology. View this article in WRRO
- Quirk J, Andrews MY, Leake JR, Banwart SA & Beerling DJ (2014) Ectomycorrhizal fungi and past high CO2 atmospheres enhance mineral weathering through increased below-ground carbon-energy fluxes. Biology Letters, 10(7), 20140375-20140375. View this article in WRRO
- Quirk J, Leake JR, Banwart SA, Taylor LL & Beerling DJ (2014) Weathering by tree-root-associating fungi diminishes under simulated cenozoic atmospheric CO2decline. Biogeosciences, 11(2), 321-331. View this article in WRRO
- Edmondson JL, Davies ZG, McCormack SA, Gaston KJ & Leake JR (2014) Land-cover effects on soil organic carbon stocks in a European city.. Sci Total Environ, 472, 444-453. View this article in WRRO
- Leake JR (2005) Plants parasitic on fungi: Unearthing the fungi in myco-heterotrophs and debunking the 'saprophytic' plant myth. Mycologist, 19(3), 113-122.
- Leake JR (2004) Myco-heterotroph/epiparasitic plant interactions with ectomycorrhizal and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi.. Curr Opin Plant Biol, 7(4), 422-428.
- Johnson D, Leake JR & Read DJ (2001) Novel in-growth core system enables functional studies of grassland mycorrhizal mycelial networks. NEW PHYTOL, 152(3), 555-562.
- LEAKE JR (1994) THE BIOLOGY OF MYCO-HETEROTROPHIC (SAPROPHYTIC) PLANTS. NEW PHYTOL, 127(2), 171-216.