Training Sessions and Support
During this period the Digital Learning Team will be hosting regular webinars to support the transition to online teaching and assessment, as well as offering one-to-one Digital Advice Slots tailored to your needs. Support needs are reviewed regularly and future dates will be added to this page.
Updated: Wednesday 9 September at 10.00
Digital Learning Webinars
The Digital Learning Team are offering a number of training sessions throughout September and October 2020, covering the following topics:
- Blackboard tests for formative assessment
- Creating video content for learning and teaching
- Introduction to digital accessibility and digital resources
- Using Blackboard for online course delivery
- Virtual classrooms with Blackboard Collaborate
These sessions are bookable from the University LMS. Please note you must be logged into MUSE to access the LMS.
Recordings of previous sessions
Some recordings of previous webinar sessions we have offered are available via the links below:
- Virtual Classrooms using Blackboard Collaborate
- Record lectures from your home or office with Encore Universal Capture
- Blackboard First Steps - how to get started getting your course online (for beginners)
- How to facilitate discussion and maintain contact with students online (Discussion boards and Announcements)
- Setting up assignment submission points for online assessment
- Blackboard Tests for Assessment
If you need any one-to-one support with any aspect of online teaching or assessment, please book a Digital Advice Slot or contact the Digital Learning Helpdesk using the details below.
|Digital Advice Slots||
One-to-one Digital Advice Slots are available Monday 14.00 - 16.00, and Tuesday to Friday, 11.00 - 16.00.
Capacity has been increased to meet demand during this time and they have been moved online. Please see Digital Advice Slots for more details and to book a slot.
|Digital Learning Helpdesk||
The Digital Learning Helpdesk will be open Monday to Friday, 08.00 - 17.00, and will provide support to help guide you through this transition: email@example.com
|Teaching Online Staff Guidance||
Teaching online may be something new to you, so we have designed this Teaching Online guidance page to support you through the transition.