Training Sessions and Support
The University of Sheffield suspended face-to-face teaching from Monday 16 March 2020 and all teaching has moved online. Please refer to the Coronavirus Information & Advice page for the latest updates.
During this period the Digital Learning Team will be hosting regular webinars to support the transition to online teaching and assessment, as well as offering one-to-one Digital Advice Slots tailored to your needs. Support needs are reviewed daily and future dates will be added to this page.
Updated: Thursday 18 June at 10.00
Digital Learning Webinars
No webinars are currently scheduled, however if you need any one-to-one support with any aspect of online teaching or assessment, please book a Digital Advice Slot or contact the Digital Learning Helpdesk using the details below.
Recordings of all webinar sessions we have offered are available via the links below:
- Live stream your lecture or seminar (from your office / home) using Blackboard Collaborate
- Record lectures from your home or office with Encore Universal Capture
- Blackboard First Steps - how to get started getting your course online (for beginners)
- How to facilitate discussion and maintain contact with students online (Discussion boards and Announcements)
- Setting up assignment submission points for online assessment
- Blackboard Tests for Assessment
|Digital Advice Slots||
One to one Digital Advice Slots are also available Monday to Friday, 11.00 - 16.00 (BST). Capacity has been increased to meet demand during this time, and they have been moved online. Please see Digital Advice Slots for more details, and to book a slot.
|Digital Learning Helpdesk||
The Digital Learning Helpdesk will be open Monday to Friday, 08.00 - 17.00 (BST), and will provide support to help guide you through this transition: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Teaching Online Staff Guidance||
Teaching online may be something new to you, so we have designed this Teaching Online guidance page to support you through the transition.