Adding students to a course in bulk to a Blackboard (MOLE) course
Some courses require you to manually enrol students e.g. Custom courses or Organisations. This can be done in batch via the manage users tools.
To add students in this way you need two things:
- Either the Module Lead Instructor or Module Admininistrator role.
- A comma seperated list of students in the format - username1,username2, username3 (This must be in lower case)
The most common starting point is with an spreadsheet of student usernames. See an example of layout below.
Tip: If you aren't sure how to change from upper case to lower case in Excel you can find out how here.
Adding the students onto the course
- Access the course you want to add students to.
- Go to Course Management area in the bottom left
- Click Users and Groups to expand the menu
- Click Manage Users
- Click Add
- Paste the usernames obtained in the last section into userames box
- Under course roles select student (note: this option won't show unless you have Module lead instructor or Module administrator access)
- Click Submit.
- You will recieve a success message at the top. Any unsuccessful enrolments will be listed e.g. already on the course or user not available.