Marking using the Turnitin iPad App
What are the potential benefits?
There are several potential benefits for using the iPad app for marking student assignments, you can grade offline, be much more flexible in where you mark,and it can make the process of marking easier and more efficient.
An iPad, there is no version available currently for other platforms including android
Installing the App
- Click on the App store icon on your iPad
- Click on the Search icon and type in "turnitin" into the grey strip at the top right-hand corner of the page then
- click Search on the on-screen keyboard.
- Click on GET and wait for the application to install. You will need to type in your Apple ID (or ask an administrator to install it for you)
- Go to the iPad settings icon.
On the left menu scroll to Turnitin. Under service ensure 'Feedback Studio UK' is selected.
- Launch the App by touching the Turnitin icon.
Adding the class to your iPad
- Log into Blackboard from your desktop or laptop or Mobile browser.
- Access the Module that contains the Turnitin assignment(s) you want to mark
- From inside your Blackboard course, locate the control panel underneath the course menu navigation
- Click “Course Tools”
- Click “Turnitin assignments”
- You will now see a list of Turnitin assignments you have created within this particular course
- Click on an assignment title, this will take you to the Turnitin inbox. The Turnitin inbox is where all your student submissions for that assignment are located
- Click on the pencil icon under the word Grade for the assignment that you want to mark (This can be any submission for the purpose of adding the class)
- Once the assignment is open, look at the right hand panel, for an (i) icon.
- You will be prompted to enter your email. Enter your university email and repeat in the second box. Click Email me.
- You will be sent an email. Access this email on your iPad’s email app.
NOTE: Currently you can not do this accessing email on the devices web browser.
- Click “Add Class”. This will Launch the app and add the class you have selected. I.e this will add all Turnitin links within a particular module.
- Repeat the process for any additional courses you want to add