The Fillingham Project overview - References
- Clark, A. 1990 Seeing Beneath the Soil: Prospecting Methods in Archaeology, Batsford, London.
- David, A. 1995 Geophysical Survey in Archaeological Field Evaluation, Research and Professional Services Guideline 1. English Heritage, London.
- Everson, P. L., Taylor, C. C. and Dunn, C. J. 1991 Change and Continuity. Rural Settlement in North-West Lincolnshire, HMSO, London.
- Field, F. N. 1983 Fillingham. Lincolnshire History and Archaeology, 18, 96-97.
- Foster, C. W. and Longley, T. (Eds.) 1924 The Lincolnshire Domesday and the Lindsey Survey, The Lincoln Record Society, Lincoln.
- Merrony, C. 1995 An Introduction to Geophysical Surveying in Archaeology. In A Review of Archaeology in South Yorkshire, South Yorkshire Archaeology Service, Sheffield, pp. 14-18.
I would like to thank the following people who helped during the course of the Fillingham Project:
William Rose, Andrew Carter and Mrs Rush gave us permission to carry out geophysical surveys over easter 2000. William Rose also gave us permission to excavate on his land.
The householders of Chapel Road (and the rest of Fillingham) for their enduring patience, information and access to toilets and powerpoints.
All of the July excavation team, and Steve, Faye, Pete, Penny and Tim who were stupid enough to return for the October mud bath, along with Jen, Caroline, Andy and Christiana who were somehow convinced this would be a good idea...
Also Colin, Michelle, Caroline and Brandi for helping with the geophysics.