Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
The single biggest issue for ensuring future supply chain resource sustainability is the availability of critical materials.
During the SCRS/ AREC workshop, participants from industry and academia expressed a strong interest in developing Advanced Materials and Manufacturing (AMM). It is also an area in which the University of Sheffield has extensive expertise.
Listed below are centres at the University of Sheffield that undertake AMM research.
- Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) with Boeing
- Mercury Centre
- Composite Systems Innovation Centre
- Research Centre for Surface Engineering
- Functional Materials Group
- Centre for Advanced Additive Manufacturing
- Leonardo Centre for Tribology and Surface Science
- Centre for Glass Research
- Centre for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Immobilisation Science Laboratory
- Polymer Centre
- Sheffield Centre for Advanced Magnetic Materials and Devices
- Centre for Cement and Concrete
- Sheffield NanoLAB
- Sorby Centre for Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis
- X-Ray Diffraction Laboratory (XRD)
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Advanced Metallic Systems
- Characterisation Small Research Facility (SRF)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) Research Centre
- Centre for Energy, Environment and Sustainability (CEES)