Professor Michelle Marshall PHD Med BMedSci(Hons) FHEA
Director of Learning & Teaching
The University of Sheffield
Beech Hill Road
Sheffield S10 2RX
• Director of Learning and Teaching, AUME 2013 onwards
• Professor of Medical Education, 2016
• Senate Fellow, University of Sheffield, 2015
• Senior Lecturer in Medical Education, AUME, University of Sheffield, 2010
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2007
• Lecturer in Community Rehabilitation, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, 2002-2006
• Research Fellow, Combined Universities Interprofessional Learning Unit, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, 2002 - 2005
• Research Associate, School of Health and Related Research, 1998 - 2005
• Sister/Staff Nurse, Northern General Hospital 1990 - 1998
• Nurse Training, Sheffield School of Nursing 1986 - 1990
• Social Accountability
• Student Engagement
• Interprofessional Education
• Medical education
• Curriculum development
• Approaches to learning and teaching
• Staff development
• Student engagement
• Member of AMEE
• External Examiner (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
• PhD Examiner
• Journal Reviewer
• Collaborative working with colleagues in Malaysia and South Africa
• PHD Supervision: Assessing the utility of a simulation based curriculum for undergraduate medical students
• PHD supervision: Exploring feedback in small group learning environment
• Student enagement
• Feedback within an educational alliance framework
- Bowen L, Marshall M & Murdoch-Eaton D (2017) Medical Student Perceptions of Feedback and Feedback Behaviors Within the Context of the “Educational Alliance”. Academic Medicine. View this article in WRRO
- Murray-Davis B, Marshall M & Gordon F (2014) Becoming an interprofessional practitioner: factors promoting the application of pre-qualification learning to professional practice in maternity care. JOURNAL OF INTERPROFESSIONAL CARE, 28(1), 8-14.
- Murray-Davis B, Marshall M & Gordon F (2012) From school to work: Promoting the application of pre-qualification interprofessional education in the clinical workplace. Nurse Education in Practice, 12(5), 289-296.
- Vivekananda-Schmidt P, Marshall M, Stark P, McKendree J, Sandars J & Smithson S (2011) Lessons from medical students' perceptions of learning reflective skills: a multi-institutional study.. Med Teach, 33(10), 846-850.
- Murray-Davis B, Marshall M & Gordon F (2011) What do midwives think about interprofessional working and learning?. Midwifery, 27(3), 376-381.
- Marshall M & Gordon F (2010) Exploring the role of the interprofessional mentor.. J Interprof Care, 24(4), 362-374.
- Murdoch-Eaton D, Drewery S, Elton S, Emmerson C, Marshall M, Smith JA, Stark P & Whittle S (2010) What Do Medical Students Understand By Research And Research Skills? Identifying Research Opportunities Within Undergraduate Projects. MED TEACH, 32(3), E152-E160.
- Walsh CL, Gordon MF, Marshall M, Wilson F & Hunt T (2005) Interprofessional capability: A developing framework for interprofessional education.. Nurse Educ Pract, 5(4), 230-237.
- Marshall M & Gordon F (2005) Interprofessional Mentorship: Taking on the Challenge. Journal of Integrated Care, 13(2), 38-43.
- Gordon F, Wilson F, Hunt T, Marshall M & Walsh C (2004) Involving Patients and Service Users in Student Learning: Developing Practice and Principles. Journal of Integrated Care, 12(6), 28-35.
- Gordon F, Walsh C, Marshall M, Wilson F & Hunt T (2004) Developing Interprofessional Capability in Students of Health and Social Care ‐ The Role of Practice‐Based Learning. Journal of Integrated Care, 12(4), 12-18.
- Jackson BE, Marshall M & Schofield S () What are the barriers and facilitators to the integration of Physician Associates into the General Practice workforce? : a grounded theory approach.. British Journal of General Practice.
- Marshall M & Reed MWR (2016) Information Sharing In Thomas WEG, Reed MWR & Wyatt MG (Ed.), Oxford Textbook of Fundamentals of Surgery (pp. 598-601). Oxford University Press
- Marshall M, Woodley C & Reed MWR (2016) History taking and information gathering In Thomas WEG, Reed MWR & Wyatt GW (Ed.), Oxford Textbook of Fundamentals of Surgery (pp. 569-574). Oxford University Press