OSCE Examiner Workshop
This course is aimed at any staff wishing to participate as an examiner at the Phase 2b (year 3) or Phase 4 (year 5) Sheffield MBChB OSCE Assessment. Examiners that are new to the Sheffield OSCE are required to attend the full workshop of 3.5 hours.
All examiners are expected to attend an OSCE refresher session at least every 3 years to ensure that they are kept up to date with any changes to the processes or procedures.
Participants will receive a CPD Certificate of Attendance on completion of the full OSCE workshop, awarding three external (category one) CPD points. For those attending the OSCE refresher, a certificate of attendance will be provided.
New examiners must attend the full 3.5 hr workshop to gain the CPD Certificate. Your attendance is logged so that once you have completed all the sessions you will be sent a certificate automatically.
Once you have attended this session you will then be added to our OSCE Examiner Database and will be invited for forthcoming assessments.
Examiners attending the refresher training will have details of the session added to their examiner record and will be required to ensure that they attend again within the next three years.
If you sign up for a session and then find you are not able to make it just let the administrator know and re-book an attendance session via the booking form.
To book a place on this course please email email@example.com
Attendance at the full workshop is a pre-requisite to becoming an OSCE Examiner in Sheffield. The refresher will concentrate on any recent updates to the process and refresh participants on the Sheffield overarching assessment policy.
Aims & Objectives
- To understand the purpose and principles of assessment
- Enhance understanding of simulation assessments of competency
- Purpose and Principles of assessment
- Process of Assessment
- Understanding the OSCE
- Writing OSCE stations – an overview
- Final questions and comments
All sessions will be delivered by Dr Denise Bee, Deputy Assessment Lead from the Academic Unit of Medical Education, The Medical School at The University of Sheffield.
There is no charge for this course.
Course Times and Locations
OSCE Refresher Workshops 2019/20
- Wednesday 26th February, 10:00 - 11:30: Samuel Fox House
- Friday 28th February, 9:30 - 11:00: Medical School
- Thursday 5th March, 10:00 - 11:30: Samuel Fox House
- Monday 9th March, 14:00 - 15:30: Medical School
Full OSCE Workshops 2019/20 (New Examiners)
- Tuesday 3rd March, 13:00 - 16:30: Medical School
- Wednesday 11th March, 9:30 - 13:00: Samuel Fox House
- Monday 16th March, 13:00 - 16:30: Medical School