About the BAME Staff Network
Who we are
The University of Sheffield’s Black, Asian and Other Minority Ethnic (BAME) Staff Network was launched in 2018 to address the needs, priorities and concerns of both academic and professional members of staff at the University from a Black, Asian or Other Minority Ethnic Group.
The Network meets at least once a semester; providing an opportunity for all members to meet, talk informally and raise any issues. The Committee meets on a regular basis.
The specific objectives of the network are to:
- Provide a safe and confidential environment to meet other BAME staff and share experiences, opinions, concerns and ideas.
- Promote race equality (while retaining a critical engagement with the concept of ‘race’) through active involvement and consultation on the University’s strategy, policies and guidance on race equality relating to staff in particular.
- Provide creative and clear pathways to encourage staff to apply for promotion to higher grades.
- Create opportunities for BAME staff to engage with other networks within the University.
- Help create a culturally inclusive campus.
- Signpost members to information about relevant research, policy development and support.
Joining the Network
All members of staff at the University who self-identify as coming from a Black, Asian or Other Minority Ethnic Group are welcome to become members.
To join the network please fill in this short form.
Support for EU Staff
We know that many EU staff have specific concerns which relate to their work and life at the University and in the UK. The most up to date, accurate, and relevant support for EU staff can be accessed here:
To contact the Network, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org