Throughout your degree, until after you've graduated, you'll receive all the support you need to help you fulfil your potential.
Aside from our carefully curated industry events, our academic and pastoral staff work closely with the Careers Service and Engineering Employability Team to deliver a comprehensive programme of tailored careers support in each year of study.
- Bioengineering Networking Event with some of the UK's leading Healthcare and Medical Technology companies
- One-to-one guidance on how to write persuasive CVs and applications
- Personalised diagnostic careers sessions in your final year
- Advice on how to succeed in interviews and assessment centres
- Opportunities to meet recent graduates and find out about their path to success
- Engineering-specific recruitment fairs
- Industrial networking events and seminars
- Employer presentations
- Making the most of the many careers events that take place both on campus and beyond
- Advice on where to find placements and jobs in your area of interest or field of expertise
Supporting Your Success
From the moment you join us in year one, right up to graduation and beyond, there is lots of support available to help you achieve your career goals.
The Careers Service provides a full information, guidance and support service whilst you're a student here, and for up to three years after graduation. There's lots of useful information available online and there's a dedicated Engineering Careers Adviser, Anette Baxter. You'll meet Annette at the many events and activities she runs for Bioengineering students.
If you're interested in undertaking a summer or year-long placement as part of the Year in Industry course, this dedicated team is here to help. They offer a range of services, including help with finding your placement.
Careers Liaison Officer
Peter Lomas is responsible for careers support in Bioengineering. He works closely with the Careers Service and Engineering Employability Placement Team to deliver a comprehensive programme of careers support throughout each year of study. He also works closely with our industrial contacts. If you have any questions about careers support, or a suggestion for an event or activity which you think may be useful, get in touch.