Fulfil your potential
Throughout your degree, until after you've graduated, you'll receive all the support you need to help you fulfil your potential.
Our academic and pastoral staff work closely with the Careers Service and Engineering Employability Team to deliver a comprehensive programme of tailored careers support in each year of study. This includes:
- Bioengineering Showcase event with some of the UK's leading Healthcare and Medical Technology companies
- One-to-one guidance on how to write persuasive CVs and applications
- Personalised diagnostic careers sessions in your final year
- Advice on how to succeed in interviews and assessment centres
- Opportunities to meet recent graduates and find out about their path to success
- Engineering-specific recruitment fairs
- Industrial networking events and seminars
- Employer presentations
- Making the most of the many careers events that take place both on campus and beyond
- Advice on where to find placements and jobs in your area of interest or field of expertise
You'll graduate with the engineering knowledge and transferable skills needed to excel in the jobs market.
Throughout the course, you'll have the opportunity to project manage, analyse and solve complex problems, work both independently and as part of a team and develop your communication skills which are so valued by emplyers. You'll be challenged to think critically and, of course, you'll aqcuire a high level of numeracy.
The average starting salary for our graduates going into employment is £26.4k.
Our graduates have achieved success in a range of fields.
Some go on to further study, undertaking PhDs in subjects such as Computational Medicine, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Neuroscience and Pharmaceutical Engineering.
Many pursue careers, with recent graduates securing roles as: