Dr Andrew Hitchcock
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- 2019 - Present: Royal Society University Research Fellowship, University of Sheffield.
- 2014-2019: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, UK
- 2013-2014: Visiting Researcher, Imperial College Centre for Synthetic Biology, UK
- 2011-2014: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Ocean and Earth Sciences, National Oceanography Centre, University of Southampton, UK
- 2007-2011: PhD, Department of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, UK
This person does not have any publications available.
- Evolution of Ycf54-independent chlorophyll biosynthesis in cyanobacteria. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 118(10), e2024633118-e2024633118.
- Cytochrome b6f – orchestrator of photosynthetic electron transfer. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Bioenergetics. View this article in WRRO
- Structures of Rhodopseudomonas palustris RC-LH1 complexes with open or closed quinone channels. Science Advances, 7(3), eabe2631-eabe2631.
- Xanthophyll carotenoids stabilise the association of cyanobacterial chlorophyll synthase with the LHC-like protein HliD. Biochemical Journal.
- A Thermostable Protein Matrix for Spectroscopic Analysis of Organic Semiconductors. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 142(32), 13898-13907.
- Type IV pili-independent photocurrent production by the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. Frontiers in Microbiology, 11. View this article in WRRO
- A photosynthetic antenna complex foregoes unity carotenoid-to-bacteriochlorophyll energy transfer efficiency to ensure photoprotection. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 117(12), 6502-6508. View this article in WRRO
- Progress and challenges in engineering cyanobacteria as chassis for light-driven biotechnology.. Microbial Biotechnology. View this article in WRRO
- Atoms to phenotypes: Molecular design principles of cellular energy metabolism. Cell, 179(5), 1098-1111.e23. View this article in WRRO
- Cryo-EM structure of the spinach cytochrome b6 f complex at 3.6 Å resolution. Nature. View this article in WRRO
- Membrane organization of photosystem I complexes in the most abundant phototroph on Earth. Nature Plants, 5(8), 879-889. View this article in WRRO
- Phosphite binding by the HtxB periplasmic binding protein depends on the protonation state of the ligand. Scientific Reports, 9(1). View this article in WRRO
- The ChlD subunit links the motor and porphyrin binding subunits of magnesium chelatase. Biochemical Journal. View this article in WRRO
- Performance of a Bacterium as an Energy Conversion Device in Terms of Energy-Return-On-Investment Determined from Atomic-Detail Structural Models. Biophysical Journal, 116(3), 418a-419a.
- Structural and functional characterization of IdiA/FutA (Tery_3377), an iron-binding protein from the ocean diazotroph Trichodesmium erythraeum. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 293(47), 18099-18109. View this article in WRRO
- Plant and algal chlorophyll synthases function in Synechocystis and interact with the YidC/Alb3 membrane insertase. FEBS Letters, 592(18), 3062-3073. View this article in WRRO
- Probing the quality control mechanism of the Escherichia coli twin-arginine translocase with folding variants of a de novo–designed heme protein. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 293(18), 6672-6681. View this article in WRRO
- A Rhamnose-Inducible System for Precise and Temporal Control of Gene Expression in Cyanobacteria. ACS Synthetic Biology, 7(4), 1056-1066. View this article in WRRO
- Probing the local lipid environment of the Rhodobacter sphaeroides cytochrome bc1 and Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 cytochrome b6f complexes with styrene maleic acid. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Bioenergetics, 1859(3), 215-225. View this article in WRRO
- Identification of protein W, the elusive sixth subunit of the Rhodopseudomonas palustris reaction center-light harvesting 1 core complex. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Bioenergetics, 1859(2), 119-128. View this article in WRRO
- Desert dust as a source of iron to the globally important diazotroph Trichodesmium. Frontiers in Microbiology, 8(JAN). View this article in WRRO
- Repurposing a photosynthetic antenna protein as a super-resolution microscopy label. Scientific Reports, 7(1). View this article in WRRO
- The molecular basis of phosphite and hypophosphite recognition by ABC-transporters. Nature Communications, 8(1). View this article in WRRO
- Transcriptome and proteome dynamics in chemostat culture reveal how Campylobacter jejuni modulates metabolism, stress responses and virulence factors upon changes in oxygen availability. Environmental Microbiology, 19(10), 4326-4348. View this article in WRRO
- Lateral Segregation of Photosystem I in Cyanobacterial Thylakoids. The Plant cell, 29(5), 1119-1136. View this article in WRRO
- Determination of Cell Doubling Times from the Return-on-Investment Time of Photosynthetic Vesicles Based on Atomic Detail Structural Models.. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 121(15), 3787-3797. View this article in WRRO
- Augmenting light coverage for photosynthesis through YFP-enhanced charge separation at the Rhodobacter sphaeroides reaction centre. Nature Communications, 8. View this article in WRRO
- Tapping the Unused Potential of Photosynthesis with a Heterologous Electron Sink. ACS Synthetic Biology, 5(12), 1369-1375. View this article in WRRO
- Evidence for polyploidy in the globally important diazotroph Trichodesmium. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 363(21). View this article in WRRO
- Biosynthesis of Chlorophyll a in a Purple Bacterial Phototroph and Assembly into a Plant Chlorophyll–Protein Complex. ACS Synthetic Biology, 5(9), 948-954. View this article in WRRO
- Two Unrelated 8-Vinyl Reductases Ensure Production of Mature Chlorophylls in Acaryochloris marina. Journal of Bacteriology, 198(9), 1393-1400. View this article in WRRO
- Phosphite utilization by the globally important marine diazotrophTrichodesmium. Environmental Microbiology Reports, 7(6), 824-830.
- Quantifying Integrated Proteomic Responses to Iron Stress in the Globally Important Marine Diazotroph Trichodesmium. PLOS ONE, 10(11), e0142626-e0142626. View this article in WRRO
- It takes two to tango: two TatA paralogues and two redox enzyme-specific chaperones are involved in the localization of twin-arginine translocase substrates in Campylobacter jejuni. Microbiology, 160(9), 2053-2066. View this article in WRRO
- A bioelectrochemical approach to characterize extracellular electron transfer by synechocystis sp. PCC6803. PLoS ONE, 9(3). View this article in WRRO
- Hydrogenase activity in the foodborne pathogen Campylobacter jejuni depends upon a novel ABC-type nickel transporter (NikZYXWV) and is SlyD-independent. Microbiology, 158(6), 1645-1655.
- Roles of the twin-arginine translocase and associated chaperones in the biogenesis of the electron transport chains of the human pathogen Campylobacter jejuni. Microbiology, 156(10), 2994-3010.
- Reduction of fumarate, mesaconate and crotonate by Mfr, a novel oxygen-regulated periplasmic reductase inCampylobacter jejuni. Environmental Microbiology, 12(3), 576-591.
- A Multicopper Oxidase (Cj1516) and a CopA Homologue (Cj1161) Are Major Components of the Copper Homeostasis System of Campylobacter jejuni. Journal of Bacteriology, 190(24), 8075-8085.
- Carotenoids in Photosynthesis – Structure and Biosynthesis, Reference Module in Life Sciences Elsevier
- Quantifying the Interaction of Phosphite with ABC Transporters: MicroScale Thermophoresis and a Novel His-Tag Labeling Approach. (pp. 51-62).
- Photosynthetic apparatus in purple bacteria, Light Harvesting in Photosynthesis (pp. 95-120).