The Part-time Jobs and Volunteering Fair
Thursday 28th September 2017 10.30am - 2pm
The Part-time Jobs and Volunteering Fair is hosted by the Student Jobshop and Sheffield Volunteering at the University of Sheffield and brings together students looking for paid part-time work and voluntary roles with local employers with opportunities.
About the Fair
The Part-time Jobs Fair is now well established at the University of Sheffield and takes place at the start of the academic year giving you a great opportunity to meet students in all years of study when they are actively looking for work. It is held in the Octagon Centre, right at the heart of the University campus and just next door to the Students’ Union.
This Fair is open to local employers with paid part-time vacancies suitable for students, so if you are looking for reliable staff in retail, hospitality, research, IT, education, events, security, administration or any other area, why not book a stand and join us on Thursday 28th September?
By coming to the Fair you can:
- promote your part-time jobs (students can work for up to 16 hrs per week in term-time)
- recruit a pool of casual/bank workers to provide cover at busy times
- meet students face to face and promote your organisation on campus
- recruit volunteers*
This year it is still FREE to attend but places are limited and will book up quickly!
We will be actively promoting the fair using a range of publicity channels, this includes:
- Promotion via the Student Jobshop, Sheffield Volunteering and Careers Service (will include pop-up event stalls, lecture shout outs, leaflet distribution, word of mouth etc)
- Posters and plasma screens located in high footfall areas across campus
- Social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Your vacancy information will be included on our Career Connect online vacancy service
On the day
All organisations participating in the Fair will be provided with:
- an exhibition area, with table and chairs – pop-up stands can be accommodated
- hot drinks whilst the Fair is open
- bottled water on your table
Please read the Terms and Conditions for the Fair
NB Lunch is NOT provided
Please note that submission of a Booking Form does not guarantee a place at the Part-time Jobs Fair.
*Please note: The Student Jobshop is handling the bookings for organisations offering part-time paid work only and who will have current vacancies to advertise on the day. If you are seeking volunteers and would like to attend the Fair please contact Sheffield Volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 22 8626