Book onto an event
We offer a wide range of physical and virtual events throughout the year to support your employability by helping you to explore your options, recognise and improve your skills and secure placements, internships and employment.
Our events will help you to:
- find out more about possible careers and routes beyond University
- recognise and reflect on your skills and attributes
- meet employers and find out exactly what they look for in their employees
- discover great work experience, placement opportunities and graduate jobs
- understand and learn how to effectively navigate selection processes
- write effective applications and succeed at interviews
Types of events
Careers talks and workshops
Our interactive careers talks and workshops are delivered by our friendly team of advisers, with many sessions supported by employer guests. We cover a wide range of topics to help you to explore, develop and act on your career, and we ensure that the content is constantly updated to reflect current trends and practices. Many of these sessions are also available “on demand”, which can be accessed through our pathways of resources or our dedicated playlist.
Many organisations are keen to recruit from the University of Sheffield and ourn events provide you with unique opportunities to meet and get to know employers from a wide range of sectors. Our comprehensive programme includes careers fairs, networking and panel events, webinars, presentations, mock interviews and informal appointments to help you explore different careers and sectors, find out about organisations and their opportunities and develop your networks. a.
Search for our events and book your place.
If you have any specific access requirements in order to attend one of our events, please let us know in advance and we will make every effort to accommodate your needs.